Thursday 23 August 2012

Approaching the station...

All right, I admit it, I'm running out of train-based puns for blog titles for The Express Diaries. I've still got 'off the rails' up my sleeve, but I'm hoping I don't have to use that one, to be honest. Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem, as this is a quick post to say that my latest novel, The Express Diaries, is at the printers. We've just signed off on the completed cover - want a peek? No? Tough, here it is.

Isn't it pretty? I'm so pleased with Eric's cover art. But enough ego-boosting for the artist, how about some for the poor writer, eh?

Well, as it happens, the Express Diaries has juts had it's first review over at Horrorzine, and it is, if I may use the vernacular, amazeballs.
(Am I using that word right? I feel I'm not using it right. Also, I've learned recently it really doesn't travel across the Atlantic very well. Don't worry, it's not in the book).



The review is from Dr. Kevin Hillman, and contains probably the nicest quote I've ever had in a review, which is...


Aww. I'd better not read it again in case my head gets any bigger. Sadly it came in just a few days to late to plaster all over the cover in dayglo pink, which would have naturally have been my first choice. But don't take my word for it - head over to Horrorzine to have a peek at the full review. 

The Express Diaries can be pre-ordered from the 1st September from Innsmouth House, and we're expecting a release date of late September/early October. There'll also be an electronic version available on Amazon for all you cheapska... er... technophiles our there.

Right, that's enough from me for the time being. Veterinary blog to follow soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment