Saturday 25 February 2012

Reviewing my Situation

That possibly wasn't the best title to pick for this quick blog post. Not because it's inappropriate - it's about the reviews I've had so far for my books, and...well, it works for me. The problem is that I've now that that bloody Fagin song from Oliver stuck in my head. Ahh well, it makes a change to 'Africa' by Toto.

I've finally got round to putting links to the reviews on books onto my blog. It was a nice little ego boost for me as a writer - some people have said some very nice things about my novels over the years. My favourite one is this one of Past Tense - Small Press Reviews - partially because it's very nice and suggests (with possibly a bit of hyperbole, I feel!)I can channel the ghosts of Douglas Adams and Philip K Dick, but mostly because the review is done by a robot. And how could anyone not love being reviewed by a robot, eh? (Except, perhaps, for the human survivors in Battlestar Galactica. Oh, and Sarah Conner)

Anyway, this is just a little post to say that if you fancied reading all my reviews (and, let's face it, that's going to be a pretty narrow group of people. Just me, in fact, and I already know about it, but I'm going to be bloody minded and post this anyway) then there are now links to them on the novel pages.




1 comment:

  1. Posted this blog a little too soon, as I just recieved a very nice review from James Broderick at Bookpleasures.com. Favorably compared to HP Lovecraft! I don't deserve it, but I'm very flattered.
    http://www.bookpleasures.com/websitepublisher/articles/4645/1/Past-Tense-Reviewed-By-James-Broderick-of-Bookpleasurescom/Page1.html

    ReplyDelete